If you feel your bowels are in need of a boost to get things moving, you may want to try these tasty colon cleansing smoothie recipes.
1. Beets, avocado, strawberries, celery, lemon, coconut oil. This combination from Oh She Glows not only detoxes the colon and works as a diuretic, but also cleanses the liver, purifies the blood, and balances blood sugar. The ingredients contain anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, and anti-viral properties.
2. Papaya, spinach, kale, banana, apple, almond milk, chia seeds. The Green Forks uses this recipe in its detox program because in addition to supporting a healthy colon, it is anti-cancer and anti-inflammatory. The bananas improve sleep and mood, as well as cholesterol and blood pressure, while the greens contain calcium, iron, copper, fiber, and anti-oxidants.
3. Cucumber, strawberries, apple, spinach, lemon juice, almond butter, hemp seeds. This tasty combination from The Green Forks is full of nutrients that act as powerful detox agents. They lower cholesterol, heal inflammation, fight against cancer, and normalize blood sugar.
4. Green tea. Sipping green tea throughout the day can do wonders for the colon, says The Science of Eating. It works because it contains anti-oxidants that help remove toxins from the body.
5. Spinach, romaine lettuce, lemon, celery, banana, pear, apple.Celebrity nutritionist Kimberly Snyder says her trademarked “Glowing Green” smoothie contains more greens than the average person gets in a single week. Blending the greens not only helps you get more of them, they also aid in the body’s full absorption of all the vegetables’ nutrients.
6. Papaya, apple, pear, berries, orange slices, spinach, 1 oz. slivered almonds, 1 cup cooked oatmeal, 1 cup plain yogurt. This potent smoothie from Livestrong has all the ingredients necessary to get things moving! It is especially high in fiber and will do wonders for your colon and overall metabolism.
7. Spinach, celery, cabbage, lime, brewed senna tea. This tasty smoothie from Haylie Pomroy contains an extra boost from senna tea, a laxative used to treat constipation and clear the bowels
8. Apple, sea salt, ginger, lemon. This refreshing, slightly spicy combination from Dr. Axe releases toxins by stimulating the colon. It is best to drink it warm, but not boiling, on an empty stomach in the morning.