Interestingly, coconut milk isn’t actually milk. It is the liquid that comes from the grated meat of a brown coconut. It should not be confused with coconut water because it is actually the combination of the milky white substance (coconut water) and the coconut meat. Coconut milk has a creamy texture and light sweetness.
Benefits of Coconut Milk:
- It is highly nutritious and abundant in vitamins C and E.
- It contains beneficial fat called lauric acid, a medium-chain fatty acid that is easily absorbed into your body and used for energy.
- It adds richness to your food in a way that mimics heavy cream.
- It is a great source of fiber.
- It is loaded with B vitamins and healthy minerals.
- Packed with minerals: iron, selenium, sodium, calcium, magnesium and phosphorous.
Coconut Milk Ice Cubes – Recipe:
Shake the coconut milk well before opening ( in case you use store-bought coconut milk). Blend the coconut milk before pouring it into an ice cube tray to ensure that it freezes evenly. Put the coconut ice cube tray into the freezer for about three hours. Add two to three cubes to your coffee and enjoy your extremely creamy and delicious coffee!
Besides adding them to your coffee, you can add these coconut milk ice cubes to your smoothies, curries or your homemade banana ice cream.
Feel free to get creative with your cubes by adding flavors you enjoy, such as stevia or cinnamon.