We all purchase lemons whenever we go shopping since we are well aware of the countless benefits of these citrus fruits.
Here are several of them:
- Lemons are rich in vitamin C, that treats colds and the flu
- They detoxify the liver and boost its function
- Lower high blood pressure
- Help weight loss
- Lemons contain 22 anti-cancer compounds
- Prevent disease and slow down aging by neutralizing free radicals
- They treat brain disorders like Parkinson’s disease
- Lemons alkalize the body and restore the body’s pH
- Lemons cleanse the bowels and help the elimination of waste
- Have powerful antibacterial properties
- Strengthen the blood vessels
Despite being highly beneficial for health, lemons can be used in various ways in the household, like a beauty and skin care and cleaning products.
Therefore, having an unlimited supply of lemons during the entire year is something we all wish for, so here is how to grow lemons at home, using only a seed.
Here is how to plant the seed:
Place a high-quality soil in a pot with drainage holes, dampen it with some water, and leave about an inch below the rim. Then, slice a lemon to find the best-shaped seed, and get rid of the flesh.
Next, put it in a hole in the soil, about half an inch deep. Cover with soil, water it, and cover the pot with a breathable plastic film. Put the pot in a sunny area in the home, and water it a few times a week.
When the lemon tree starts sprouting, take the plastic cover out, and return the pot to the sunny place. It needs to be exposed to direct sunlight at least 8 hours a day. Add fertilizer when needed, and transplant it to a larger pot when it grows bigger.
Now, you can enjoy the advantageous qualities and fantastic, refreshing taste of lemons.