1. It can prevent the formation of scars. Unfortunate accidents like burning yourself with a hair iron can happen to the best of us. However, a fine layer of Vaseline over the wounded area will minimise the scar that’s about to form.
2. You can hide your spots and dark patches using Vaseline petroleum jelly on face. Use it with your foundation to make a creamy blusher for your cheeks and blend it with your face cream. As you apply the cream, it’ll hide the spots and patches on the face.
3. It can also act as a good moisturiser for people who have acne issues. Vaseline doesn’t clog your skin pores but it actually occupies the space in the lipid barrier that enhances the natural glow of the skin.
4. Give yourself a lip stain using Vaseline. Mix natural fruit colour like cherry or beetroot with a tablespoon of Vaseline. As you apply it to your lips, it’ll moisturise your lips and will make them look naturally pink/ red.
5. Vaseline is mostly used in winters to keep the face warm as the petroleum jelly locks in the heat once applied.
6. Vaseline is considered a great healer and protector for skin, especially after a cosmetic surgery procedure.
7. You can use Vaseline as a cuticle cream as well. Trust me, your manicure appointments will reduce as it will naturally heal your cracked cuticles.
8.If you have had a wound and the area still hurts, you still need to protect it from the heat of the sun. You can apply a thin layer of Vaseline for the same purpose.
9. To prevent crow’s feet and wrinkles, apply Vaseline around your eyes before you go to sleep.
10. There isn’t a better hydrating face cream and moisturiser than Vaseline. While you might not find it cosmetically elegant, Vaseline is a great heavy duty moisturiser that works like a charm on dehydrated skin, especially in winter. It’s also non-comedogenic.
11. If you have flaky, dry lips, Vaseline will work on conditioning them and it’s always a great idea to use as a primer under your lipstick to avoid any further damage.
12. Not just a great lip balm, Vaseline can be used as a great lip scrub as well. Just mix a little sugar with Vaseline and use it on your lips as a scrub.
13. When you’re colouring your hair at home, it’s easy to get dye on your skin around your forehead or around your ears. But if you apply Vaseline around your hairline before starting the process, it’ll block the colour from seeping into your skin and staining it.
14. Before applying a self-tanner (if you do), rub a little Vaseline on your wrists, ankles, elbows and knees to avoid patchiness.
15. If you’re aiming for soft and smooth hands, Vaseline should be your go-to beauty product. Apply it on your hands before going to bed and then wear cotton gloves. By morning, you’ll have smoother and softer hands,
16. Not just hands, Vaseline is great for your skin in general. In order to achieve soft skin you just need to warm up some Vaseline and use it as a night cream. You’ll be able to observe the results in less than a week.
17. It’s good for skin rashes and infections as well, especially if you have sensitive skin. You can massage some warm Vaseline on the affected area. It will soothe and heal the areas in 2-3 days. It won’t just make your skin softer but also healthier.
18. If you want fuller lips, you can ditch your lip plumper for Vaseline. In order to achieve fuller lips, mix Vaseline and cinnamon powder and microwave the mixture for 10 seconds. Now blend the mixture properly. Apply the balm on your lips for 20 to 30 minutes and for the best results, do it for 7 consecutive days.